Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Carving, at last!

Getting all the seeds out. We roasted and salted them, mmmmmm!!!
Carlie's Pumpkin!

Carving, I mean hammering out Carlie's horse.
Not too bad... I can really tell what it is! Alex's pumpkin in progress....
I had to get a picture og Carlie in this dress. It was Alex's dress when she was little. I LOVE this dress! I has a matching hat and booties. I can't find the brand anywhere - if you see it the brand is LeLe.



Sunday afternoon we decided it was time to do the pumpkins. Matt went to paint his parents new house, and said it was perfectly okay to go ahead without him! :o) Alex helped me clean them out and designed her pumpkin - then Carlie said she wanted a horse. (of course!) How am I going to do a horse? I googled a silhouette of a horse and traced it to paper. Then we cut it out and taped it to Carlie's pumpkin. Next we tapped the light up pegs into the pumpkin along the silhouette, and had to improvise a little because we ran out of pegs, but it looks amazingly like a horse! We roasted pumpkin seeds while we carved and hammered, they were really good! We had a great time!





No comments: