


OK, backing up a little to the day before school. There was a lot going on to write about, so here I go! First of all, Alex had to get a few things done before school. We'd already done the mega, fight our way to the last purple, wide ruled, 70 page notebook, shopping trip. The school is very specific about what colors, sizes etc to buy. (By the way, I lost that fight!) Alex's "green" notebook is brown, with a picture of a puppy on it. BUT, the puppy is sitting on green grass. It'll have to do. The others are similar in that you have to have a little creativity and imagination to see which notebook is which. Since that was all done last week, I had time to go beg in the streets for money to have everyone get haircuts. (joking, but I felt like it! School is expensive!)
Carlie got her first haircut ever. She was so cute! She had to hold my hand the whole time, and asked if it'd hurt. We told her no, and she seemed ok with that. She still wanted princess hair, specifically Cinderella, so we just got a trim. As you can see by the picture, she then got a french twist to have Cinderella "at the Ball" hair. The suckers they had really helped, I hardly heard a word from her the whole time!
Alex wanted something more radical than a trim. She ended up with bangs, and highlights. She looks great!
After haircuts, including my cut, and Kendall's bang trim, we headed for lunch at Pannera. Everyone's favorite! What a day out with the girls. I thought by now Carlie would be ready for a nap, (hair took 2 hours) but she seemed to be holding up pretty well. We decided to go get a back to school outfit for Alex. We headed to Kohls, and after a lot of looking we found "the outfit!" (and Carlie found Star Wars swords) The kids were doing great, but I was tired! We headed home, ready and stylin' for the new school year!


No comments:
Post a Comment