
Thursday will be Barack Obama's acceptance speech at Invesco Field for the Democratic National Convention. Scott, in typical Scott fashion, has rounded up tickets, in a box, next to Hillary Clinton, for the speech. Alex and Scott will be attending the speech. How cool of a story will that be to one day tell Alex's kids? I was at the acceptance speech for the first black Democratic Presidential nominee, maybe she can even say the first black president. I'll update you all on how it goes!
Update: Alex had a lot of fun at the convention. She thought Barack was amazing! She said she wants him to win in November over Mccain. I asked her "why do you want him to win?" She said: "because he had a really good speeech". I asked her: "what is it that Barack believes in that you really believe in?" She said her dad likes him and is going to vote for him. Hmmmm, so I asked her: "what don't you like about Mccain?" Again no answer. Let this be a lesson for us all! I told her she needs to always check out both sides and do her research before making any major decisions. I said you make up your own mind, don't be like a sheep and blindly follow the guy in front of you. I told her I don't care who you like, or don't like, just so long as it's YOUR choice, not anyone elses. I hope she gets it. I hope America gets it!
No comments:
Post a Comment