Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas already?

This years tree
Carlie June Dec 2008
Alex's cookie on the tree
This years new ornament
One of my favorites - the butterflies!
Carlie's favorite ornament


This weekend we put up the Christmas tree. I love decorating for Christmas. It's by far the best Holiday of the year. After Christmas I love Valentines day for all the pink and red, and doing things for those you love. I think I love Christmas so much because I just love making others happy. Especially the kids. I also love cooking, breads, potatoes, cakes and the best ever cookies. We have a tradition going with the kids, even the neighborhood kids have gotten involved, where I make the best cookies and they come over to decorate them. We hang them on the tree, and all the kids make some to give to their parents. We've had the same cookies on our tree for the past 2 years now. Time to throw them out for some new ones I think.

This year we let the kids decorate the tree all by themselves. Matt and I'd unwrap an ornament and we'd talk about when we got that one, and how much it means to so and so. Then I'd declare it my favorite! They're all my favorites. Each year we get one new ornament to add to the tree. So most the ornaments really are special. Anyway, then I'd hand it to one of the kids, and they'd place it on the tree. Carlie put most her ornaments on the same 4 branches. Lucky for us Tim was here this year, he's over 6 feet tall, and Alex is just right in the middle of Tim and Carlie, so the tree is well balanced. It looks great! They all did a magnificent job! I was surprised to be so relaxed about this ornament not being here or there. I figgure it's more about the kids having a fun experience than having a perfect tree. And, I think it even looks better not perfect! I'll post photo's of the tree and the kids soon. I didn't have time to take them yesterday, Walmart calls! I hope everyone has a very Happy Holiday Season!

1 comment:

dad said...

Hard to believe they are all growing so fast. What great kids to have around. They all are very special in their own world.