Thursday, November 20, 2008

Alex and the Matron

The Rock!
Alex
Alex climbingWow, look at that!


Almost there....
Alex and her dadAlex and her dad again...

Repelling....
The End!
The Matron is a 850ft. standing pillar of rock that Mouse (Alex), Scott and their great friend Tim Ostrander climbed this past Sunday. They hiked in 3.5 miles, roped up, climbed six pitches, repelled 180 ft. and then hiked the 3.5 miles out. WOW! Alex may be the youngest climber to do the Matron yet. Scott's checking on that one.
I want to say I'm proud of Alex for climbing this huge rock, but, more than being proud I can say I'm so happy to see her doing things she loves- especially in the outdoors. It makes my heart just beam to see her so happy. I think that's all I really want for her in her life, to do things that make her happy, whatever that may be. Alex has such a sweet heart. I'm so lucky to have her as a daughter. I love you Alex!







No comments: