Saturday, February 20, 2010

The hair...


Carlie at Wildlife Experience with new haircut

Three days ago Carlie said "Mom, lets go get my hair cut short." If you know me, I'm pretty in to letting my kids make decisions about hair, clothes, whether or not to wear a coat etc... BUT, I do advise them on the best course and they are left to deal with the consequences when they refuse to wear a coat to the bus stop (Alex) and comes in 5 minutes later with blue lips to grab one!

So, when Carlie asked to get her hair cut short, above her collar, I sat down with her at the hair salon and showed her pictutres of what it would look like. I also said "If you don't like it it's no big deal, it'll gow fast." I also advised she should think about getting it cut a little longer so we can still put it in a ponytail. It's hard for ME to cut her hair. If you've seen her pictures she has such long beautiful hair. Carlie chose a great hairstyle, see picture above, and we can still put it in a ponytail!
Now, when she was getting her haircut I thought I should get my annual trim. We went to cost cutters because I have a thing about paying more than $20 for a kid haircut. Heck, I can even cut the kids hair, but they freak out every time I suggest it... So, we had never been to this place. The lady is about to trim up my hair and I ask her "IF you were to cut my hair short, what would you do? " She smiled and got a picture and showed me. I said let's do it! (insert bravery here) I got a cut like Halle Berry's and I LOVE it!!!!!!! Best $15 I've spent on myself in years! I'll post pictures when I get some taken. Boy will you be surprised!

1 comment:

Lanae said...

You'll have to post a picture! Can't wait to see the new haircut. I'm glad I have all boys - it would be so hard for me to let my little girl cut those beautiful locks off. But you're a good mom for letting her make those decisions on her own.
Thanks so much for your sweet comment earlier. Hopefully when you're in town next time we can all get together.