Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What a Busy Visit!






Whew! Margaret and Rita left our house this morning at 6am after a week long visit. I think a week is the longest we've ever persuaded them to stay, so although I would have liked them to stay another 10 days, I'm pretty happy we got the time we did. Where do I begin telling you about the impact they have had no our lives? These two are really super women! The first and biggest thing (and they won't like that this is first....) is that my kids didn't watch any TV for a whole week! No favorite shows, no cartoons, none of it! I'm sooo happy about that. The best aprt is that I don't even think that the kids are aware that they went a week without that crap. I'm this close to disconnecting cable, but I'll admit, sometimes it's nice to sit at the end of a long day and watch something like "Biggest Loser".




The next thing they did was to get rid of all our (mostly my) junk. We had a big garage sale and sold quite a bit, anything that was left we took to goodwill. The last frontier to conquer at my house is my clothing. I'm now completely inspired.






After all the "stuff" was gone they fung shuied the whole house. They have to stop taking these "vacations"! They're probably exhausted! The house feels completely different. I love it. The basement is clean, and organized. The kids love to play down there now. I can actually see the treadmill! Maybe I'll have to use it. The kitchen looks so clean and I feel like I can breathe so much better in my own home. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

The last thing I noticed was when they left. I usually feel sad, I miss my mom! I still felt sad this morning, but the thing I felt that I'd never felt before in my life is that I can carry on what my Mom and Rita started in my home. I think before I was just so completely overwhelmed I didn't know where or how to start on de-cluttering my house. I really think I can do it from here. And most importantly, I feel like I can give my kids more of the quality time and attention they deserve. I think that's the kicker in the whole deal. I usually feel so sad when Margaret leaves because she's able to give the kids so much attention that I'm never able to. It just seems like I'm always preoccupied with cleaning or some project. I literally think it was sucking energy from our home. I am so thankful for what they did. They didn't just clean my house, they gave us a better life! It sounds dramatic, but it's so true! Thank you a million times over. You two are the real Wonder Women!














PS - Thank you to Matt too for taking all the stuff to Goodwill, and for so much of the hard work while I was at work! I love you!





No comments: