Friday, May 16, 2008

Just Bob and the goats....


I was talking with my dad the other day, and I'm so impressed with what he's accomplished in the last couple of years! He's pretty much self sufficient on his place in Torrey now, especially with his recent acquisition of the goats. He's figgured out how to make Goat cheese! He has milk from the goats too! He has a 66 x 48 foot garden, chickens (with a chicken coop that the chickens haven't quite figgured out yet), a stream in the back of his property for fish, well water, woodburner for heat, and I could go on! I admire him for all the hard work he's put into that place. I'd like to do something similar when we move to Hawaii - except in an eco tent. I'm having a hard time convincing the rest of the family what a great idea this is! How nice would it be to have no bills, no heat, electric, own your tent free and clear! Ahhh, that would be the life!

No comments: