Christmas this year was a little hectic. Alex, Carlie and I drove out to Salt lake the week before Christmas and were driving back the day before Christmas eve. We got to Larime Wyoming when the weather got really bad. We drove about 30 mph all the way to Cheyenne. The road was a solid sheet of ice. When we finally made it to Cheyenne I found out the roads were closed to Denver. The wind was howling, the roads solid ice and it was still snowing. The temperature was 10 below with wind chill. The waitress at the Village Inn where we stopped to eat told me there was a back way to Denver - I had to work at 8am the next morning! After looking at the roads - the main ones were all closed - I decided that wouldn't be so smart to go on the "back roads" with two little kids in a blizzard, late at night, where there's no cell service. So, we hunkered down and found a nice little motel. I had all the kids luggage, presents, DVD players, toys, food etc in the car. You know what they say about staying in a motel, never leave anything in the car. So, I gave the kids insrtuctions to stay put in the room while I proceded to unload the car. Eight trips later, up two flights of stairs in 10 below temperatures, in the snow, we were unloaded! We went to bed. I woke up at 5am to RE-PACK the car and get us on our way before 6 so I could make it to work by 8:30. The roads were open, but they were terrible! We finally rolled into Denver around 10am. (it's only 83 miles from Cheyenne to Denver- it took 4 hours!) I drove straight to work after dropping the kids off at grandma's. Afterwork we went to dinner at Grandma's and THEN I finally got to go home! Whew! So Christmas morning I was pretty tired. We had a good Christmas though. The kids got what they wanted from Santa. Carlie got rollerblades, Alex got clothes. Here are a few pictures...I hope you all had a great Christmas too!
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alex 








1 comment:
Looks like you guys all had a great Christmas! You need to call us the next time you're in town; we'd love to go to dinner, or have you over for dinner.
Post a Comment