To tell this story you have to have the background... Carlie has been asking for a baby sister for about a year now. I always tell her it's okay with me, but she has to ask / convince her dad. The other day she asked me "why does daddy have to say okay?"
I told her that daddy would have to help me make the baby. She then said she could help me, and we don't need daddy to help. So I told her it takes a boy and a girl to make a baby- a mommy and a daddy. She thought for a second and her little face lit up and she said with great enthusiasm that Uncle Ryan could help me make a baby!! Ah, what it's like to be young again! I explained that it's better to be married to make the baby.
Later that day we had some friends over for dinner. They have a little boy (Eric) about 2 years older than Carlie. Carlie and Eric were playing on the trampoline, Carlie looked like she was definitely the boss of whatever game it was they were playing. I asked them if they were having a good time playing with the babies (they had the dolls with them). Carlie yelled back "we're not playing with the babies, we're married!"
I guess you really have to pay attention to everything you say!
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment